Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Conserve A Legacy: Cover Draft

If anyone has been wondering why I've been so slack on posting lately –I can just feel the vibes– it is because I've been in the trenches completing the layout & design for the book that I've been making images for over the past 1 1/2 years. The book, which has now been titled, "Conserve a Legacy: Natural Lands & Waters in South Carolina" is going to the publisher–Mountain Trail Press– later this week if all of the stars align properly. Can I tell you just how happy I will be when that happens? :) Seriously, the book looks really good. I sincerely hope that readers will take notice of all of the amazing things that the SC Conservation Bank has been able to accomplish over the past 4 years. The bank needs everyone's support in these difficult financial times. In addition to my photos, the book also features images by Thomas Wyche, Richard Bernabe and Greg Kiniry to name a few.

To prove that I've actually been doing something other than chasing bugs in the backyard, I've attached a fairly complete draft of the front cover; I hope you like it. Once this goes out, things should slow down a bit and I can immediately jump into another project, which I can then use as a new excuse for not posting regularly.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow, the cover looks great! I bet the inside shots are awesome, too. Congrats on getting it to the publisher! Seems like lots of folks are slowing down with their blogs right now for various reasons... I see your reason is quite a good one (and it would be just fine, too, if you had just been chasing down bugs in the backyard!).

clay bolt said...

Thanks Heather. I must admit that there are a lot of days that I would rather be chasing bugs!